Monday 16 June 2014

Yes I have tattoos, no I am not a thug.

I have a total of 4 tattoos, which really is nothing. Yes, I also have a few piercings but nothing too dramatic; but yet on a daily basis I am judged and on occasion shouted at and verbally abused because I choose to have a few tattoos.
My tattoos are nothing harmful at all, they are to remember people I have lost in my life, they remind me of good and bad times. The one posted below was my first tattoo, it was in memory of my Granny who passed away December 25th 2004. It symbolises a very hard and hurtful time I went through in my life, but I managed to come out of it strong, it makes me who I am today.
 A tattoo I had always wanted was the writing in my last Christmas card in which my Granny had given me. I had known from a young age that at some point I would have this done, and this year in March 2014, I finally got it done. Forever her writing on my arm, a reminder that she will always be with me wherever I am and whenever. (I apologies for bad quality picture)

My last tattoo is one that not until recently I knew what it really meant for me. After having it done over a year ago because I simply liked the design, it presents itself with a lot more meaning now. A symbol of being free and although I have felt down, and rooted like nothing would get better, I feel this tattoo has some how freed me and that even things which if think and dead or old or weeds can turn into something amazing and beautiful. 

So, all I ask is that before you judge someone with tattoos and piercings, please remember they are a person with feelings and their tattoos could be an expression of how they feel, or a coping mechanism or simply because they loved the idea. 

Thanks 

Love yah 
IsThataRedHerring 



No comments:

Post a Comment