Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Theory of Everything, my review.

This review will not reveal any spoilers, just my opinions.

The Theory of Everything, is now in my top list of favourite films. It is heart warming,sad, emotional and full of joy and inspirational moments. I left the theater amazed at how someone can defy so many odds and come up on top always.



The film follows a young Stephen Hawking and is based on the book by Jane Hawking called 'Travelling to infinity: My Life with Stephen'. As many people know Hawking was diagnosed at a young age of having Motor Neuron Disease, which is a progressive disease involving the degeneration of motor neurons and eventually the wasting of muscles, however the brain remains fully functional. At the young age of 21, Hawking was diagnosed with this disease and was given only 2 years to live. This film reveals the real struggles Hawking and his family had to face, but yet the determination of Hawking as well as Jane was outstanding and truly inspirational. Not only was the story of Hawking's life amazing to watch, you feel somewhat involved with his journey, the acting by both Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones was outstanding. Particularly Redmayne's portrayal of Hawking, I felt that at some points it was Hawking himself. Redmayne could not have played him better, I feel that he did Hawking proud. 




It is a must watch film, and although 2015 is not a month old yet, I feel that this film will be hard to beat. This film is inspirational, emotional and a truly wonderful watch. I erge everyone to go and see this film, I would advise 12 years and older. I would rate this film 5 stars out of 5. 





Here is the trailer for The Theory of Everything. 



Love yah 

IsThataRedHerring 


No comments:

Post a Comment