Tuesday 28 April 2015

The struggles of a plus size women.

I have always been larger and to me its not really bothered me. Until recently. Myself and my friends have been looking for new clothes, students loans are in and its summer, it's time for a new wardrobe! However, being a size 18 it can be really hard to find clothes that I feel confident in.

New Look is my number one choice for clothes shopping, they normally have a wonderful plus size range. However, my recent online purchases really disappointed me. I normally go for a size 18 in most things, however this time round I decided to play it safe and get a size 20. I was really excited to try on my new items, however when I started trying on my clothes I was so disappointed, I was almost in tears.


This was my first choice, I fell in love with it instantly. A cute little play-suit, costing £19.99. I thought it was great value. However, when I put it on I was very disappointed. The bottom fitted so perfectly, but the top half was so tight and restricting, I was the most upset that this did not fit because of how much I loved it.
I am tempted to try a bigger size, but I am a bit apprehensive about it. I will keep you posted...







How adorable is this little thing? Costing £22.99. I love this dress, however when I tried it on, it fitted fine, but just didn't sit right on my frame. I have a naturally longer torso than my legs. Which often sucks, because this dress didn't sit right at all. Which was a massive shame. Still a lovely dress though.












I fell in love with these shoes, they were meant to go with my summer ball dress, which is black, I wanted to do a black and white theme.
These wide fit caged shoes were £29.99, in size 8. Which is my normal size shoe, I never get anything different, always a size 8. I have a lot of shoes from New Look and never had trouble with them fitting, until this pair. Which was a massive shame because I was really looking forward to wearing them. However, I found an equally wonderful pair... in New Look.



Not all doom and gloom, I did manage to get a brilliant pair of black skinny jeans that fit perfectly and a pair of shoes. Also, a black dress which I will be wearing to my university summer ball, but was from Boohoo, I haven't brought much from Boohoo but after my black dress fits perfectly, and is quite flattering on my full figure.



The dress is a size 18 from Boohoo, costing £22. I am in love with this little black dress, and cannot wait to wear it.




The shoes are from New Look, costing £24.99. They are lovely and comfortable, I've worn them around the house and they are lovely. And go nicely with my dress.







If you enjoyed this I would love feedback, It's something very different from what I normally write about, but I enjoyed writing this. I have purchased a few other pieces, so may do another blog about them. Let me know your thoughts.

Love yah

IsThataRedHerring


Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I loved this blog :) you should do more like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black dress looks lovely. Think I'll get it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely dress and great value, lovely soft material too. x

      Delete