Sunday 4 December 2016

BLOGMAS 3: TV shows you have to watch.

I watch a crazy amount of TV and when I find a new show I like I tend to watch it all in one go. I just have to watch it all. And it's a good way to relax for me. I like shows that have several series, but something easy to watch. I have selected a few of my favourites and most watched but of course the list is much longer. So here goes: 

Marvel
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage

Of course Marvel shows were going to be on here, I love Marvel and the shows are great. It took me while to get into Jessica Jones but the second time of watching it I couldn't believe I didn't like it to begin with. And plus it’s nice to have a female super hero who doesn't prance around in her underwear all the time. Also David Tennant as a bad guy, top notch acting and man was he a bastard. Luke Cage was my personal favourite I adored it, great story and great acting, must watch show, and the cross overs are brilliantly written. Daredevil is the last, I loved the first series but have yet to finish the second. I am making my way through it and look forward to seeing what happens. Let's face it the Punisher us epic. 

DC
Lucifer
iZombie

Now many of you know I am not a great fan of DC, I’ve just always been a Marvel fan. But I have fallen in love with two DC shows based around comics. I didn’t even know they were DC until I did some research into them. The first is iZombie, which is a great show, when a hard working doctor (Liv Moore) is persuaded to go to a boat party with her fellow doctors. They all take some drugs which turn them into zombies, however she doesn’t take the drug just gets scratched and is turned into a zombie ... anyway we follow her development as a zombie, she stops being a doctor and works in the morgue instead. Literal brain on tap. but there it a little twist, when she eats the brain she is able to see the last moments of the person’s life and she develops characteristics of that person until the brain has left her system. It’s an hilarious show and a new concept of zombie. She teams up with a detective who thinks she has psychic abilities. What more do you want from a show?

The second is Lucifer is a spin off show from the comic The Sandman, it follows Lucifer Morningstar aka the devil, the devil has become bored of hell and wants a bit of fun, and joins the human race. Lucifer is played by the glorious Tom Ellis (best known for Gary from Miranda), it follows Lucifer and his struggled to understand the human race, throw in a bit of romance a new found job (as a civilian police detective) and endless twists and turns and you have one hell of a show. Quite possible my favourite show this year.

Comedy
Parks and Recreation

How have I not watched Parks and recreation before? This show is everything I need right now. It is hilarious. Every episode is fantastic, I honestly cannot fault this show. It follows Lesley Knope and her colleagues who work for the government of Pawnee, in the parks and recreation department. Knope is a great character over ambitious and damn right fantastic. And her colleagues, Ron Swanson who thinks veganism is a myth and doesn’t believe in the government, Andy who lived in a pit, a literal whole in the ground for year with no job now works for Pawnee government, April who is the biggest pessimist ever but really loves Lesley, her job and of course Andy, not forgetting Tom, Donna and Jerry/Gary/Larry or whatever his name is. PLEASE WATCH THIS SHOW!

Other
Grey's Anatomy

Of course I had to add in the heart breaking, tear jerking Grey’s Anatomy because that show has ripped my heart out over and over again, but I keep coming back for more. Hot doctors, hot patients, romance, medical drama, musical scenes, plane crash, ferry crash, even a helicopter crash we have seen it all. Oh just a warning do not get attached to characters because Shonda Rimes will destroy them I repeat do not get attached to characters.

Well that was a long post sorry. I do have a part 2 coming up later on this month because yah know I watch a lot of TV.

Love yah
IsthataRedHerring



No comments:

Post a Comment