Sunday 4 December 2016

BLOGMAS Day 4: Hair care and what I use.

I last dyed my hair back in July, I have bleached my hair to shit. It's been every colour under the sun. Although I love my multi-coloured hair I was sick and tired of having dry and damaged hair. I tried to kid myself that my hair was fine. I continued to abuse it, bleach, dye, heat everything bad I could do to my hair I did. I used no protection at all on it, and thought mixing conditioner in with my bleach would help the situation. And of course it didn't! I was a first class idiot.


Well now it's been nearly 5 months since I last bleached or dyed my hair. I have done nothing but try and repair my hair. I have had regular hair cuts. The first hair cut was the hardest. It was cut so short, I actually cried. I have never cried over a hair cut before, until that one. Absolutely heart broken. I knew from that moment that I need to sort my hair out.

First step
Was to stop using so much heat, I have only blow dried my hair maybe 3 times in the past 5 months and went a good 2 months without straightening it. Which was a big deal.

Second step
Better quality shampoo and conditioner. With all the bleaching came a horrid and quite frankly broken scalp. I had terrible bleach burns all over my scalp which were very painful. I started using Head and Shoulders itchy and dry scalp treatment, which has really helped. It has also helped strip out the extra colour I had in my hair. A win/win situation in my book. I've always used TRESemme and upped my conditioner to platinum protect and using the platinum protect hair mask. Both in which has helped my hair majorly. I used the mask 2-3 times a week for the first couple of months and then once or twice a week after that.

Third step
I upped my products once again. So this month, I had done a lot of overtime so got paid a bit extra. I thought it was time to buy some decent products for my hair.. so £37 later on 2 products, I purchased a heat defense spray called Argan Secret- Miracle 10 costing £17! I wanted to use it straight away, and I can honestly say my hair feels AMAZING already. It's not just for heat defense but has loads of other fantastic things (hence the miracle 10). I would highly recommend this product, expensive but well worth the money to protect your hair, as I straighten my hair almost every other day. The second was Maria Nila- Structure repair mask costing £20, I have used this twice now, once a week, I honestly felt the difference straight away and could not believe it. It felt like brand new hair. This combined with the miracle 10 spray my hair has been given a new lease of life, shiny and fresh. And people have noticed which is great.


I hope this has helped, in some way.

Love yah
IsThataRedHerring


No comments:

Post a Comment