Monday 5 December 2016

BLOGMAS Day 5: My go to films!

.
I own a lot of DVDs, like way over 500! I can't help it, yeah I have Netflix and Amazon Prime but I am still a lover of DVDs always will be. I have a few films that I absolutely love and can watch over and over again without getting bored. It's safe to say I like a mixture of films. I can't resist a good romance film but I also love action and of course superhero movies. I love a film that makes you feel good.

Feel good movies/ Romance 
The Fundamentals of caring 
New Moon 
The Devil wears Prada 
Angus Thongs and perfect Snogging 

Who doesn’t love a good RomCom or feel good movie. Of course I love the classics Bridget Jones and Love Actually. But the ones I watch over and over again are above. The newest one to my list is The Fundamentals of Caring, it is a fantastic film, hilarious and completely heart-warming. The film follows a 18 year old boy called Trevor who is in a wheelchair and requires round the clock care, his new carer Ben (Paul Rudd) who takes him on a road trip to see road side attractions along the way, their final destination the BIG pit. Along the way they pick up two other passengers. We learn the truth behind Ben, Trevor and their new passengers. A lovely film.


Of course the others include The Devil wears Prada this film needs no explanation really, I mean it’s a classic. What more do you want, its sassy all over and down to earth. With a strong message of never give up on your dreams, keep pushing and sometimes take a leap of faith. I had to add a Twilight movie onto the list and for me New Moon is the best, I loved it so much, it was also my favourite book. I don’t even class it as my guilty pleasure because I am not ashamed. And finally classic girly feel good film Angus, Thongs and perfect Snogging I don’t care if this film is for 14 year olds this film never gets old. Slaggy Lindsay and her thong from Bulgaria. The Ace Gang and of course the snogging scale. What more do you want, okay fine let’s throw in a beautiful set of twins, Dave the laugh, some dodgy hair and a cat that swims. That’s right it has everything. A coming of age film that never gets old. And yes I still quote this film.

Action 
Lock, stock and two smoking barrels 
Rock N Rolla 


Both directed by one of my favourite directors Guy Ritchie, follows essentially a bunch of gangsters and crooks in London, who pull off some great cons. I adore these films. I know a scary amount of the words and love how there are many twists and turns throughout the films. Another to note is Snatch another Guy Ritchie must see. Bloody and dangerous.

Marvel 
X-men 
Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 1


X-men is my favourite Marvel ‘series’ as it were, the Phoenix is y ideal. Damn I wish I was as cool as her… anyway off topic. For me X-men has everything a good superhero series needs. Also, mutation is something that happens in everyday life therefore we could all be mutants… which would be amazing. And finally Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 1, if you haven't seen or heard of this film where have you been? This follows Starlord, a human who got picked up by aliens who wanted to eat him or so they say. He becomes a mixed up in some dangerous business and is on a quest for one of the infinity stones with a bunch of unlikely sidekicks. Fantastic film, great casting and the soundtrack out of this world. 

Love yah 
IsThataRedHerring

pictures from Google Images 

No comments:

Post a Comment